Are you scheduled to have a C section delivery soon? If yes, then you have to be prepared well in advance. In here, we’ll help you keep your mind at ease by telling not just how many outfits are needed in diaper bag for C section stay at the hospital but also all the other essential things that you need to pack.
In most cases, you are likely to be in the hospital for a couple of days before and after the delivery. In fact, even if you are planning a normal vaginal birth, there is no harm in carrying all the essentials that we’ll list in here. After all, you can never be too sure if you are having a c section or normal birth until the very last minute.
Before Anything Else, A Few Reminders
For a smooth and comfortable say, it is essential that you pack your diaper bag correctly and effectively, making sure that you do not forget any of the essentials. Here are a couple of things you must take into consideration:
- There is always a possibility that your child will arrive unannounced or even before the scheduled date and time. Hence, it would be ideal to pack your bags for the delivery in advance, preferably once you have reached the third trimester.
- It is advisable to have a separate bag for your belongings and another one for the baby.
- The hospital might not have enough storage space for your belongings. Therefore, it would be wise to keep a bag handy in your car for your partner to fetch for you whenever needed.
How Many Outfits Are Needed in Diaper Bag for C Section Stay
Below is a list of things that you need to pack for yourself during your hospital stay before and after a C section. However, along with the essentials, there are also some things that may not be necessary but would be great to have on you in case you need it. All of these may not fit in one diaper bag, so consider carrying another.
- For starters, it is very important that you keep your purse or wallet in your bag. This purse must contain all your picture IDs, including your driver’s license and so on. It should also have your credit and debit cards as well as some cash.
- Keep a folder ready filled with all the necessary documents that would be needed for insurance in the hospital. This should also include all of your medical records.
- When it comes to what and how many outfits are needed in diaper bag for C section stay, keep in mind the ones that make you feel comfortable. However, what you really need are buttoned shirts that are easy to put on and take off.
- Alternatively, you can also bring some maternity clothes, especially ones that would allow you to feed your child easily. A pair of clothes will also be given to you before the day of your delivery.
- Carry as many undergarments as you can. Preferably, you should buy a couple of cheap ones that have a very loose elastic waistband so it won’t hurt your tummy.
- Ask your doctor for the special brand of sanitary pads that are needed after a C section delivery so you can buy some in advance.
- Nursing bras, as well as nursing pads, are also needed. For the first couple of days, you will experience leaking; these things will help keep everything sanitary. If you want, you can also toss in a nursing cover if you are uncomfortable feeding your baby in front of other people.
- You will also need to carry your toiletries with you. These include a small tube of toothpaste and a toothbrush, a comb, face wash, shampoo, and some moisturizer for your face. If you feel like it, you can also bring some cosmetics.
- Some first-time moms have trouble with breastfeeding—either they don’t have enough supply yet, or they have too much. Either way, having a breast pump in handy would be of great help.
- Experiencing extreme dryness and cracking of the nipples during the first few days are inevitable. So, bring some breast or nipple cream, so you have something to deal with the pain.
- Carry a pair of cozy and comfortable socks and comfortable footwear.
- A bath towel for when you have to shower at the hospital is also necessary.
- Lastly, you might also want to pick an outfit that you will need for when you get discharged from the hospital and take the baby with you.
For a More Enjoyable and Cozy Stay
The following things aren’t absolute essentials but would be great to have on you to make your hospital stay more enjoyable and comfortable.
- Carry along your blanket and pillow/pillowcase. Not everyone finds these things cozy enough especially when it’s from the hospital. So, if you are finicky about these things, it is best to carry your own.
- Bring your mobile phone along with the charger and the headphones. Have some music loaded on your mobile to distract you from the pain.
- For entertainment, you could carry a book. So, you can spend time reading before the surgery. Alternatively, you could also carry a tablet or a laptop along with its charger, so that you can binge-watch your favorite shows and movies while you wait for your child to arrive.
- Keep your camera handy to capture all the moments during your hospital stay and childbirth.
- To avoid constipation, pack some fiber-rich snacks.
- An eye mask would be ideal too, especially if you can’t deal with the light turned on.
In all honesty, knowing the things you need to pack for your C section hospital stay could be endless. However, the list we have written above would certainly prove to be essential. In the end, it all comes down to you and your preferences.
Just keep in mind that the most important thing is that you be comfortable, calm, and relaxed during your stay. After all, everything in your life is about to change once the baby comes.